- Soak rice in a little water for 2-3 hours. Grind in the mixer with a little water to a very fine paste
- In a heavy bottom vessel, heat milk to a boil. Add rice and simmer on low flame.
- Keep stirring in between to avoid lumps.
- Add sugar and stir again
- Keep cooking till the milk mixture becomes thick.Remove from gas once reduced and is of a thick consistency.
- Cool and add rose water, cardamom powder.
- Pour in small bowls and decorate with nuts and rose petals. Serve chilled after 2-3 hours.
Saturday, 14 April 2012
Rice Pudding flavoured with rosewater and garnishes with nuts
Ingredients: Serves 4
3+1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup soaked rice for 2-3 hours and grounded to a fine paste
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1tsp rose water
2-3 small cardamom - powdered
5-6 pistachios ( sliced )
2 almonds - sliced