- Preheat the oven at 180*C for ten minutes before baking and grease a cake tin with oil and flour
- In a small bowl mix curd and soda bi card and leave it to ferment for few mins
- In another big bowl, add flour,sugar,milk powder, custard powder and baking powder . Mix well
- Add cream to the dry mixture and whisk well
- Add vanilla essence, curd and keep mixing till it forms a smooth batter of a pouring consistency.
- Add nuts or cherries
- Pour in the greased cake tin and bake in the pre heated oven at 180*C for 25 -30 mins or till its golden brown in colour. Check by inserting a knife or toothpick ( if dry the cake is ready)
- Remove the oven and cool before removing from the tin.
- Slice and serve with tea or coffee.
Monday, 23 April 2012
Eggless Tea Cake
" Vegetarian Cakes . I am sure you know what I am talking about.... Cakes without eggs. So how many of you have gone through the process of hunting for eggless cakes & landed up picking the only one option from the counter shelf. It can be difficult but its not impossible.
My mother used to always bake cakes without eggs. Infact my whole family has been doing that since i was a kid. Well ofcourse i belonged to the vegetarian lot wherein eggs were not supposed to be cooked at home. So the tradition of eating eggless cakes goes back to the time when the oven was invented. Still the taste and the aroma of that cake used to be so inviting that you cant help yourself from taking another bite.
So today I am sharing a recipe of an Eggless Tea Cake which is rich and indulgent. This is dedicated to my mum for making those delicious cakes in the small round oven which looked like a spaceship having some sci-fi features.
Do try this recipe & enjoy it ... Would love to know your feedback & comments !!!!
"Eggless Tea Cake"
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup sugar ( powdered)
1&1/2 cup milk powder
1&3/4 cup Malai or thick cream
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
3-4 tsp custard powder
1/2 cup curd
1 tsp soda bi carb
Nuts & Cherries