- Preheat the oven to 150*C for ten minutes before baking. Lightly brush two baking sheets with oil.
- Sift the flour in a large bowl , cut half the plain butter and the unsalted butter/fat into small cubes.
- Add the butter cubes to the flour and using your fingertips, rub it in the mixture until it resembles like fine breadcrumbs
- Add the sugar, cornflour and 4 tbsp cocoa powder and knead the mixture to make a soft and pliable dough
- Place on a lightly floured surface and shape it in 12-15 small round balls. Place on the baking sheet and maintain gaps of atleast 2 inch between them.
- Press each one with a clean thumb to make a dent
- Bake it in the oven for 20-25 mins or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave for few minutes to cool
- Transfer to a wire rack when cool for the icing
- Sift the icing sugar and the remaining cocoa powder in a bowl and add the remaining soft butter. Blend to form a smooth icing with 1-2 tsp of hot water.
- Spread a little icing over the top of each cookie and place half cherry or gems .
- Leave until set before serving
- Store in an airtight container when set.
Monday, 16 April 2012
Shortbread Chocolate Cookies
Cookies !!! Tell me who doesnt like eating cookies .. I know there is a lot of fitness quotient behind that dont eat that cookie , it will make you fat and blah blah . But can you resist the temptation of munching on that chocolate cookie . Imagine nowadays we have places like cookieman to visit and buy aromatic cookies. You go to the supermarket and the shelves are filled with the packaged assortment of varied types of fruits flavoured and nutty and whatnot cookies. So I call it absolute injustice if you dont eat a cookie. To bake a cookie is not difficult. You have to just get a little patience and and do wonders with your hands when crafting or making a cookie. What I suggest is playing a nice audio cd and distracting yourself away from all the other things and get ready to make cookies.
"Shortbread Chocolate Cookies"
Ingredients: Makes around 12 to 15
125 gms self raising flour
125 gms plain butter, softened
25 gms unsalted butter or white vegetable fat
50 gms granulated sugar
25 gms cornflour
5 tbsp cocoa powder
125 gms icing sugar
one packet gems or glaced cherries
Note - you can opt for any icing and decorative methods to make the cookies look more attractive.