- Preheat the oven to 190*C for ten minutes before baking.
- Lightly oil 3-4 baking trays or sheets
- Place the butter and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk till light and fluffy
- Add salt and gradually add flour and keep mixing. Make a firm dough.
- Cut the dough in half. In half dough and knead it with cocoa powder.
- Wrap both the portions of dough seperately in clingfilm and chill for 2 hours
- Divide each dough into 3 portions. Roll out the portions into long roll and arrange these rolls on top of each other to form a chequeboard design, sealing them with egg white.
- Wrap again in clingfilm and chill for an hour
- Cut the dough rolls into 1/4 inch thick slices so that when you turn them they resembles chequered cookies. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve when cool. Store in an air tight container.
Sunday, 15 April 2012
B&W Chequered Biscuits
"B&W Chequered Biscuits"
Ingredients: Will make around 20 cookies
150 gm butter
75 gm icing sugar
pinch of salt
200 gm plain flour
25 gm cocoa powder
1 small egg white