- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl
- Mix the oil,sugar and vanilla essence.
- Add the oil mixture to the flour mix and mix well.
- Add salt,spice powder and warm water and beat to form a smooth mix.
- Add apples and walnuts and mix well.
- Grease a cake tin and line with paper. Pour the cake batter and set well.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180*C for 25-30 mins till brown and done. Check with a skewer or toothpick.
- Let it cool on a wire rack, remove and serve.
Wednesday, 12 June 2013
" Whole Wheat Apple Crumble Cake" - Eggless
Monsoon and a big appetite comes as a bundled package for three months. As the temperature starts dropping, our urge to eat fried and hot things starts increasing. I love to bake in this season and pair it up with hot cups of tea and coffee. Nothing is more beautiful than sitting by your windowsil, watching the raindrops and greenery and enjoying some yummy bakes and cakes in this weather.
So, let me share another wonderful recipe of Apple cake. This recipe is eggless and consists of whole wheat and brown sugar. You can enjoy each bite without worrying about those excess calories :)
Enjoy the recipe and the beautiful weather.
" Whole Wheat Apple Crumble Cake"
1+1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 small red apples - finely chopped
1 cup brown sugar ( you can reduce the quantity a little as the apples will be sweet)
1/3 cup of olive oil
1 small cup of warm water
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5-6 drops of vanilla essence
1 tbsps of ground spices ( cinnamon,clove,nutmeg) - optional
1 cup walnuts chopped
Note - This cake will have a nice crumbly crust on top. Serve it warm with custard sauce in cool weather and with icecream in warm weather. You can store this cake in an airtight container for two to three days.