- In a vessel, add butter and sugar. Beat till light and fluffy. Add eggs one by one and keep whisking.
- Add lemon juice,essence,colour and rind. Mix well
- Add baking powder, flour and mix well till smooth
- Pour in a cake tin which is dusted and greased with flour and oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180*C for 45minutes.
- Seve with sweet lime and tea.
Sunday, 15 April 2012
Lemon Tea Cake
"Lemon Tea Cake"
150 gms butter
150 gms sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon essence
1 tsp lemon colour (optional)
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp baking powder
150 gms self raising flour