- Preheat the oven at 200*C for 10 mins before baking
- Lightly grease two baking sheets with little oil and flour and keep aside
- Cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy, then add and beat in the egg yolk.
- Sift the flour,cinnamon in the above mixture and fold in the currants and candied peel.
- Add sufficient milk to make it in a fairly soft dough.
- Turn the dough on a floured surface from the bowl,knead lightly until just smooth
- Roll it with a rolling pin to about 1/4th inch in thickness.
- Cut the dough in circles using a cookie cutter.
- Transfer the circles to the baking sheets and bake for 10 mins
- Beat the egg white,then brush over the hot cookies. Sprinkle with caster sugar and return to bake in the oven for another 10-15 mins until golden and firm.
- Using a metal spatula transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- You can store them in an air tight container for days.
- Serve as a snack with tea or coffee or make it a dessert combination with Butter Scotch/ Chocolate Ice Cream.
Tuesday, 17 July 2012
"Cookies baking in the kitchen
The smell floats through the air
She is baking Cookies
with her usual merry flair"
I have dedicated this week to cookies and would like to share another recipe today.
These Jawbreaker cookies are delicious and crunchy. They are usually made on Easter at my place & goes well with coffee or icecream.
Hope you all like this recipe. Enjoy the cookies and do send your feedback.
Happy Baking !!!!
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup superfine caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup black currants
1 tbsp mixed chopped candied peel (optional)
1-2 tbsp milk