- Heat milk. When it comes to boil add sugar and custard powder. Keep stirring till it becomes of a little thicker consistency. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Beat eggs and essence together till light and fluffy and add to the cooled milk. Keep aside.
- Melt tsp sugar in a pan on low heat till golden. Pour in 6 small individual heat proof glass or metal bowls. Let the sugar set for 5 minutes.
- Pour the milk egg mixture in the moulds.
- Preheat the oven at 200*C. Bake pudding for 20-25 minutes until firm and golden.
- Once cooled keep in the fridge to chill and set. Do no unmould till it turns cold.
- To serve, run a knife all around the mould and invert it on a plate. Give a slight jerk to the mould to take it out.
- Decorate the pudding with whipped cream and fresh fruits and serve.
Sunday, 15 April 2012
" Creme Caramel "
Ingredients : Serves 6
2 and 1/2 cups milk
8 tsp sugar
3 tsp milk powder
1tsp vanilla custard powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tsp sugar - to caramelize