- Heat milk in a saucepan. Once it comes to boil, add milk powder and sugar. Stir well
- Mix custard with 1 tsp milk in a small bowl. Add it to the boiled milk and whisk well to avoid any lumps
- Remove from the heat. Add cream and stir well. Leave it to cool for sometime
- In a blender, blend the mangoes to form a pulp. Pour little cooled milk mixture and blend well.
- Pour the remaining milk mixture in the blender and blend till it becomes smooth and thick.
- Take a icecream tin or mould and line it with cling film.
- Pour the icecream mixture in the tin and seal it with cling film.
- Freeze for 2 hours
- Remove from tin and blend it again in the mixer till it becomes smooth and thick
- Pour back in the tin ( lined with cling film). Seal it again with the cling film and put it back in the freezer for 4-5 hours or till set.
- Cut slices and drizzle honey and pinenuts or almonds on top and serve
Monday, 14 May 2012
"Melting Moments Mango Icecream"
"We love Mangoes"
From the time the summer season arrived, I have been waiting for mangoes to hit the market. The taste and smell of these yellow delicacies is so amazing that you cant stop with just one.
There are so many varied type of mangoes available everywhere with that perfect unique taste.
There are so many recipes which you can try with this kingfruit. Pies, icecreams, shakes,smoothies,salads, curries,rice,pudding,custard,tart,pastry,cake,etc etc. There seems to be no end to the list when it comes to mango.
I have already shared a mango cheese pie recipe before and hope all of you have tried and enjoyed it. Today I am sharing a rich and silken smooth Mango icecream recipe. I made this yesterday and we absolutely loved it. Usually when you make icecreams at home, they tend to get hard and icey and do not possess that smooth finish which melts in your mouth. So, I gave it a twist and I can assure you that this recipe will give you a beautiful silky smooth icecream with mango flavour in every spoon.
Do share your experiences or feedback . Enjoy the Mango Season !!!!
" Melting Moments Mango Icecream"
2 cups milk
4 tsp milk powder/ dairy whitener
1 tsp vanilla custard powder
200 ml fresh cream / double cream
5-6 tsp sugar / 4 sachets sugarfree ( as per taste )
2 big ripe mangoes - pulp
honey to drizzle
pinenuts or almonds
Note - cling film is used to help retain the smoothness of icecream without forming any ice or water on the top.