Recipe Admirers !!!!!!

Saturday 7 July 2012

"Chocolate Muffin"


I know a little Cupboard
       With a teeny tiny key,
And there’s a jar of Lollypops
    For me, me, me. 
It has a little shelf, my dear,
    As dark as dark can be,
And there’s a dish of Banbury Cakes
    For me, me, me.
I have a small fat grandmamma,
    With a very slippery knee,
And she’s Keeper of the Cupboard,
    With a key, key, key.
And when I’m very good, my dear,
    As good as good can be,
There’s Chocolate Cup Cakes, and Lollypops
    For me, me, me.
-- A Cute Dessert Poem by Walter De La Mare

I love this poem and it reminds me of cute muffins & cupcakes with a big cup of tea. 
Today I am going to share a simple recipe of Chocolate Muffin. I have used walnuts as a combination but you can try it with any other dry fruit or candy. 

"Chocolate Muffins"

Ingredients:

50gm self raising flour
25 gms cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
75gms butter, softened
75 gms brown sugar / caster sugar
1 medium egg, beaten
1 tbsp milk
Few chopped walnuts or any other dry nut chopped

Preparation:
  • Preheat the oven to 190*C for ten mins before baking
  • Sift the flour,cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl
  • Add the butter, sugar,egg and milk. Beat for 2-3 mins or until light and fluffy
  • Add nuts and mix well.
  • Pour the mixture in muffin or cupcake moulds and arrange on a baking tray. 
  • Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until well risen and firm to touch.
  • Leave them in the moulds for few minutes to cool down completely.
  • Unmould and serve warm



No comments:

Post a Comment