Dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 190*C for 10 mins before baking
- Lightly oil 2 baking sheets and keep aside
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl.Add vanilla essence and mix
- When light and fluffy beat in the egg with the cinnamon,lemon rind and ground almonds.
- Sit in the flour and make a firm dough by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface until smooth and free from cracks.
- Shape the dough into two blocks and wrap in cling film or butter paper and chill for atleast 2 hours
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin and cut into cookie shapes of about 1/4th inch thickness.
- Place on baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 mins or until firm and browned.
- Remove from the oven,cool on a wire rack.
- When completely cold, you can decorate them by piping melted dark chocolate or putting chocolate chips with the help of melted chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container once cooled.