- Preheat the oven at 177*C for ten minutes before baking
- Sift the flour,salt and baking powder together. Mix the soaked dry fruits in the flour nicely
- Beat butter and powdered sugar together till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and keep whisking till the batter is mixed properly and smooth
- Add vanilla essence and orange juice to the batter and mix properly
- Add the liquid batter to the flour mixture slowly and mix well to avoid any lumps.
- Add a tsp of brandy and mix well.
- Pour the batter in greased or lined cake mould and bake for 45 minutes. ( I could make two cakes with this batter so try distributing it in two small cake moulds)
- Check with a knife or toothpick if it comes out clean. Remove cake from oven. Immediately sprinkle two tbsp of brandy or rum to enhance the flavour and increase the lifespan of the cake.
- Slice and serve. Store the remaining cake in an airtight container. Keep in refrigerator if storing for a little longer
Monday, 24 December 2012
"Xmas Plum Cake"
I am keeping my promise to share the recipe of Rich Plum cake to celebrate this Christmas. Its Christmas eve and its time to open some sparkling wine or champagne with rich plum cake slices.
I hope you all had soaked dryfruits in Rum as per my previous pre cake update and ready with your ingredients now.
So lets not waste more time and get started with the cake preparation. I made these today and trust me they look so delicious that I cant wait to dig in post midnight ;)
Hope you like the recipe and prepare this for Christmas tomorrow and enjoy with your friends and family.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas . Have a beautiful Christmas :)
" Xmas Plum Cake"
Pre soaked dry fruits and spices ( please follow my previous recipe on the same)
2 cups flour
2 cups powdered sugar
200 gms butter
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp vanilla essence
salt a pinch
2 tbsp orange juice
Few tablespoons of Brandy or Rum
Note : You can skip adding more brandy or rum if you dont want additional liqour in the cake. You can also more mixed spices powder in the batter to enhance the flavour.