- Preheat the oven at 180*C for ten minutes before baking
- Seive flour,salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Heat a double boiler ( put a pan with water on the gas and on top of it put another heat resistant bowl for whisking)
- Melt chocolate and butter in the double boiler till it becomes smooth and let it cool.
- In another bowl whip sugar and eggs together till soft and fluffy. Add the chocolate mixture when cool and keep whisking to avoid cooking the eggs
- Add flour and keep whisking till it forms a smooth batter
- Add some walnut pieces and mix well
- Grease a brownie tin/ mould with little butter and flour.
- Pour the batter and garnish with remaining walnut pieces on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes till its brown on top and done when checked with knife or toothpick
- cut in square slices and serve with tea or coffee
Monday, 7 May 2012
" Can it be a mistake that STRESSED is DESSERTS spelled backwards ????"
With time and experience I have concluded that its not. For times when mood swings are on and the temperature inside the brain is soaring high,what comes handy and soothes is Sweets ... A slice of cake, a scoop of icecream or even a cream roll helps in getting back to the normal state .... Tell me what you like to dig in when you're bored or angry .. Would love to read ur thoughts and experiences .. Please do post in your comments and lets share our experience ...
For now, Its time to beat the Monday Blues with this Quick Brownie Recipe
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 bar of plain chocolate
50 gms butter
1 cup sugar ( powdered)
1 cup walnuts