This cake is called as Sticky Fruit Loaf. Its sticky because its loaded with dry fruits and nuts which adds a lot of richness to this cake. Also this is made with vinegar and baking soda which will act as a substitute for eggs to make this loaf nice and fluffy.
Do try loaf this weekend and enjoy with coffee or icecream.
Happy Baking !!!!
- Preheat the oven to 190*C before baking
- Prepare a loaf tin by greasing with a little butter and dusting with little flour
- Sift flour with mixed spices in a big bowl. Rub flour and butter together ,till the mixture is crumbly ( Do not over mix)
- Add baking powder and sugar and mix lightly. Add raisins,nuts and fruits to the mixture
- Divide milk in two equal parts. To one part add vinegar
- Warm the other part of milk slightly and add soda bi card. Now mix both the milk portions together
- The milk will start foaming. Add vanilla essence and pour the milk in the cake mix very quickly.Mix fast and well to a smooth batter
- Pour the batter in the loaf tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then lower the temperature to 150*C and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let it cool and then remove it from the loaf tin
- Slice and serve the cake with coffee or icecream.